Saturday, August 20, 2011

Motivation!


I am always fascinated by the tools people use to stay motivated and continue on their weight management and fitness programs.  Here are a few of my favorites.  I hope you find one that works for you!
  1. Five Pound Rule:  I get on the scale once a day to monitor my weight.  My goal is to stay within five pounds of my ideal and healthy weight.  I usually remain the same, but on those off times when stress or overindulging pushes that number up, I do not panic because if I catch the weight gain earlier enough – I won’t have to lose so much down the road.  It is easier to lose five pounds than it is 10, 20 or 50!
  2. Do it before the Sun Sets:  Years ago I decided that living a busy life would no longer be an excuse to ignore my fitness plan.  My rule is that I will not go to bed until I have done at least thirty minutes of exercise.  Be it cardio, yoga or strength training – I chant to myself that I will “do it before the sun sets.”  Because I know I have no option but to do it, I find myself effortlessly carving out time in the morning so that I am able to get it done before the day gets even busier.
  3. Evoking the Mantras:  Certain quotes or mantras can quickly snap us back to our goal when we find ourselves wavering on our weight management, exercise or during our workouts. 
    • “All it takes is all you got.” –Marc Davis
    • “Who am I?  I AM a champion!” Check out the entire inspirational video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1GWBB7qrBA
    • “Pain is weakness leaving the body.”
    • “The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you.”
    • "Run hard, be strong, think big!" - Percy Cerutty
    • “Today you have 100% of your life left.” –Tom Landry
    • "Anticipate. Devastate. Dominate."
 And lastly remember to “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment