Saturday, January 21, 2012

How your clothes can make or break your weight management efforts!

For more years than I care to admit I kept the jeans I wore in high school in hopes to one day fit into them.   I would not be so embarrassed to admit that if the size was even remotely realistic but they were a size zero. So when I found them hiding in the back of the closet I could not help wonder what I was thinking?

Shortly after that discovery I went on a cleaning spree.  I got rid of all the clothes that were too small and too big.  I decided to only keep clothes that fit and I would only purchase clothes that were form fitting.  That closet thinning made a huge difference in my weight management and exercise routine.  

For years I wore the frumpy oversized t-shirts and baggy shorts when I worked-out.  Not only did they make me look and feel sloppy, they also created a drag.  When I ran or worked out, they would hang, not allowing me full mobility and the ability to see what I was doing in the gym. 

And my casual and work clothes were also not doing me any favors.  By being either too big or too tight, I never looked quite put together, making me look and feel unprepared and not presentable.

Once I made this simple change I removed all of the expectations of being an unrealistic size and could now focus on what my true weight should be and then dressing for that size. 

Today I am a happy and healthy size 8 and I have a closet that reflects that.  My workout clothes are all body hugging so that I can feel and look stealthy and strong.  My everyday wardrobe makes me feel confident but if they get too snug, I know it’s time to revisit my caloric intake. 

You deserve to look as good as you feel and by finding your healthy weight and dressing for it you now have another visible indicator and motivator to keep you on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment