Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tweeting and Blogging and Running...Oh MY!

Fellow Running Ninjas!  how busy are YOU?  We are always in the process of juggling work, family, fitness, and the magical Social Media.  As I blog you today my mind is racing because once I finish this little update, I will be dashing out to film my very own Youtube video, with my Blackberry.  Very sophisticated stuff.  I see an Oscar in the 'short film' category.  Social Media has become the backbone of our business and for that I am overwhelmingly grateful and humbled.  I actually am enjoying these days as our little company grows.  A part of me feels sorry for the big guys like Nike, that don't have such a close relationship with their clients and potential customers.  Social Media (i.e. Facebook, Tweeter, Blogger, etc) has connected me with YOU.  With people that are completely different than me, yet exactly the same.  We runners are a special breed aren't we?  We come in all shapes and sizes and ages and economical and educational backgrounds.  But we are also a very giving group of folks.  *Charitable, because every single race you register for benefits a worthy organization!  *Devoted, because we hit the road at all hours, in all weather conditions, in spite of what is going on with us or our lives.  *Independent, because we all have our system, and our routines, and our own way that we run.  It is for all of these reasons that my husband called "running" the most democratic sport because it doesn't require fancy equipment or venue, and it's accessible to everyone.  And it is for this reason that we at Running Ninja! encourage you to 'run how you want.'

No comments:

Post a Comment